The Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles (HACLA) joined Affirmed Housing, People Assisting the Homeless (PATH) Ventures, elected officials, project partners, and community members to celebrate the Phase 1 Grand Opening and ribbon cutting ceremony of PATH Metro Villas. Located at 340 N. Madison Avenue in Los Angeles, PATH Metro Villas is intended to address homelessness with permanent supportive housing and on-site services.
PATH Metro Villas was developed as a collaboration among private and public funding partners, including HACLA’s project contribution of $7.1 million in Housing Assistance Payments (HAP). The Grand Opening ceremony of Phase 1 featured speakers in public office, including Mayor Garcetti and Supervisor Mark Ridley Thomas as well as Margarita Lares, Chief Programs Officer of HACLA.
PATH Metro Villas is a two-phase facility that will ultimately provide 187 affordable and permanent supportive apartments and homeless services in one location. Phase 1 of Metro Villas, the David T.C. Ho Family Building, is a five-story community featuring 65 units of affordable housing. Fifty-one units are designated as supportive housing for individuals experiencing homelessness or chronic homelessness, and fourteen units are for low-income households earning no more than 60 percent of the area median income. Shared amenities include a communal kitchen, two rooftop terraces, laundry facilities, and bicycle parking.
About PATH Metro Villas Phase 1
- Address: 340 N. Madison Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90004
- Developers: PATH Ventures
- Units: Total—67; PBV Contract Units – 36; Chronic Homeless—27;
- Estimated HACLA Project Contribution: $7.1 million in HAP over the 15-year PBV contract
- Target Population: homeless and chronically homeless, disabled individuals
- Developer Notable: HACLA and PATH Ventures are partners in eight PSHP-PBV projects providing over $87 million in HAP for 396 units. The projects are Villas at Gower, Villas at Del Rey, Vermont Villas, Marmion Way Apartments, PATH Metro Villas Phase 1, PATH Metro Villas Phase 2 (in development), PATH Villas at Montclair (in development), and PATH Villas Hollywood (in development).
- Total HACLA PBV commitment to date (all projects): 6738 units; $1,537,368,480
Categories: What's New
| Tags: | View Count: (4009) | Return